Monday, September 25, 2006

Positive Reinforcement

So, this is kindof the same topic as my last post, but to expand....

Coffee and sleep do not mix. Unfortunately, I enjoy both. It is to be expected of course, that a former barista of 2+ years can handle her caffeine, but I can't. Past 6 or so and I simply can not sleep. So, there I was, about to enter another week of the craziness that is teaching Kindergarten, and I can't sleep at 1pm. So I expected a day with no energy, and begged forgiveness from the Lord for not doing my devotions this morning as I dragged myself out of bed. But low and behold, I had this strange store of energy, enough even to drag some out of my kids during Calendar time, which not all are fond of. I even improvised!! And it was just what I needed because on of my students decided today was the day to have a complete mental breakdown. Not fun, but despite my lack of forsight in drinking the coffee, God still provided. He is VERY GOOD to us, even in the small things and even when we set ourselves up for a fall!

7 comments:

Marjorie Meinzinger said...

I could really picture what was going on here - no sleep - ten wigglys - oh dear. Oh yes - some of the remedy books say that caffeine does not contribute to getting over a cold.

At Women's Retreat Marci spoke on the names of God. Only three she focused on and one was Jehovah-Jireh. She had lots of examples of God's faithfulness from Bible characters to real life people. I kept thinking of you the whole time and how you would be encouraged to know God does provide and that He is faithful. Her main man was Abraham and she listed 9 encounters of God's faithfulness to Abraham. My notes say Abraham lived a life of faith and God proved Himself Faithful. The other names she focused on were El Elyon - TheMost High God bringing out His soverignty and Jehovah Rapha - God our Healer. I wish they had recorded it. I kept thinking, Mel needs to hear this. Read Psalm 103 : 1 - 3
Hang in there - one day at a time. Don't give up. Be faithful as God is faithful. I love you. MOM

Heather said...

I too have felt the effects of late night caffeine indulgences. However I would consider you a light weight. 6pm! That is still EARLY! Just teasing sis.

Praise God for being El Shaddai--your All Sufficient One. (I was at the Ladies' Retreat too)

It sounds like things are improving in some areas for you. You were able to improvise and draw your kids out at calendar time, that is so awesome! Yippee! And I am so sorry about the meltdown. That's tough. I will pray for blessings of extra energy and patience for you. You may need them in the coming days.

Many saints do ask about you. And I am confindent they are praying for you as well. You may want to list any prayer requests and/or needs you have. We can add your blog address to the letter we printed up! Then people will have a good way to keep up with you

We miss you, we love you and we ARE praying for you.

much love from all the Piszars

Heather said...

One more thought---
When you can't sleep don't count sheep, talk to the Shepherd.

Mel said...

Hey, you guys had excellent thoughts! Thank you!

I have been reminded of Abraham. When I was teaching the kids about him and how he obeyed God and went to a place he didn't know, i thought of myself. Though I don't compare myself to him, it was good to see that when he obeyed, God was faithful!

Mel said...

Yes Heather, It is true, I AM a lightweight, so it is okay for you to say it!!

Just remember who got You started on coffee!

Heather said...

I can't forget that sweet Barista! Will I forgive her?? As I sit her typing AND sipping coffee I wonder.....

Marjorie Meinzinger said...

Oh yes, one more thing: Eventually I reached an age where when I had too much caffeine that I got palpatations. That is scary. Remember my mother's saying, There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. And I would add that that is not a good thing. Drink water. Love, MOM