Friday, February 16, 2007

Hockey Town!

So the carnival came and went and was a success.
Anne Denny ran the thing, and signed me up for the hockey booth. Very appropriate for a girl from the Detroit area. I got to work on my slapshot all night. It was fun, the only sport I could actually help the kids with, so it worked out very well. It was really neat because I got to meet some of the kids from the neighborhood who don't go to Immanuel Mission School, and some who may be my students next year!

The next day I went with some friends to a place called Canyon de Chelle (pronounced shay) or Rock Canyon. It has cliff dwelling ruins, including one called "White House", and we hiked down 1.5 miles and then back up to see them. I got a lot of amazing pictures that I will try and post, once I figure out how to upload them and all.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Mel

5 comments:

Heather said...

Very good that you were able to use your hockey skills! Sounds like fun. Timothy hits the ice the beginning of next month! Can you believe it? Actually its just the first in many steps to his career in pro Hockey (kidding) and that is a Learn to Skate class.
The hike trip sounds very cool. Can't wait to see the pics.

Marjorie Meinzinger said...

Hey I thought you were going to paint faces?? The hockey station sounds a lot more exciting !! Glad you had some good fun. Love, MOM

Heather said...

Come on....we need some new news!! Post again soon!!

Laura said...

I second that.

Marjorie Meinzinger said...

Motion passed unanimously. MOM